Saturday, June 6, 2015

Opera Max Launching event by Opera Indonesia


In the afternoon yesterday after watching a movie entitled “Pitch Perfect 2” with friend of mine, Raka in campus, suddenly, I got new Twitter notification about my invitation to attend Opera Max launching by @opera_id. They followed my twitter account and sent me Dirrect Message (DM) that I was invited to Opera Max launching and asked my confirmation to there and gave me the location point to there. The event would be held in Kopitiam cafĂ© that located in SCBD building, Jalan Jendral Sudirman Jakarta. Alhamdulillah, I was really surprised and happy to see that. I replied their DM to say that I would be there. Indry advised me to go there by motorcycle because on that time is being traffic jam on there. It’s okay so I decided to go there by motorcycle. Do you know? This was my first time to go there by motorcycle without knowing any routes to there. And then, after praying Ashar and looking for best route to there by Google Maps, finally I went there by motorcycle through Cawang – Tendean – Gatot Subroto - SCBD. Honestly, I felt so nervous but finally I arrived there by asking everyone in any point and through long traffic jam exactly. 

After fighting with sucks traffic jam in both Tendean and Gatot Subroto, I entered Kopitiam SCBD and met with Opera team. I saw Mrs. Annisa Putri who admin of Opera Indonesia Blog with Ms. Agnes Agastia, Mr. Ivollex Houdini from Singapore, and last is Ms. Peko Wan from Taipei, Taiwan. They were so friendly with all of guest included me. Honestly, this was my first time to attend in Opera Browser event in Jakarta. So far, compared with Google and Microsoft, Opera seldom held any events in Jakarta. Fortunately, I had selected as one of the guest based on my comment in Opera Indonesia blog. Next, while having dinner in Kopitiam, I accidentally met new friend and friends from campus named Hamdani and Haidar, so surprised, hahahaha :D. By the way, I’m Opera user since high school and loved them because of their data compression and their unique interface exactly.

When the event was ongoing, Mr. Ivollex explained us about how Opera Max works and the benefits from Opera Max usage in our phone. Different with another Opera products like Opera Mini or Opera Mobile, Opera Max is specially designed to save all of data consumption from various apps like Instagram or YouTube which consume huge data because of their photos and videos transmission. All of data transmission are diverted to Opera Server by VPN network to be compressed and then resend again to our device with high compression but without lose the quality contents. As new product, of course has many bugs or issues in the app. So, Mr. Houdini asked us about the bug and sent them to Opera Customer Service. In last session the event was closed with twitter quiz from usual swag until ZenFone 2 who found the local Android app from Indonesia which consume high data and successfully compressed with Opera Max. The local apps was “KasKus” with 11 MB data consumption. I also got the apps named “Kurio” but unfortunately only consume 1 MB data. Then, every participant get some cute smartphone accessories from Opera Indonesia such as soft sticker, phone hanger, etc. Additional gift was T-Shirt for who asked a question to Mr. Houdini in question session.

Then, I asked privately to Mrs. Peko Wan about further Opera browser plan with Google in Blink Project. She replied that Opera and Google run jointly program in Blink rendering machine just for Browser only. The previous machine named “Presto” was officially stopped due to incompatibility issues in majority websites. She also told me about many advantages of Opera Browser such as many extensions and beautiful interface. After that, I asked about the web security of Opera browser. She replied that Opera use the latest web certificate so we don’t worry again when doing internet banking or etc by Opera Browser. I also met with Opera Coast Developer, Mr. Huib Kleinhout from Norway. I gave him advice to create Opera Coast for Android platform too, hahahaha. Next, after my interview, I gave my Android App “KurVaSi” to her and took photo together with all of Opera Teams. Alhamdulilah, everything was well done, getting any swag of Opera, knowing more info about Opera browser, and meeting with Opera team directly. I went to home by my motorcycle through long traffic jam again. I hope Opera Indonesia will hold any event again especially in Bekasi so I can go there quickly, hahaha. Thank you Opera Indonesia.

this post entry has been improved on Medium platform, You can read here: https://medium.com/@affandymurad/opera-max-meet-up-by-opera-indonesia-5366a2351ae?source=social.linkedin

-Opera for new Browser Era- 

No comments:

Post a Comment