Sunday, January 4, 2015

Firefox meetup in Bekasi




Are you firefox browser user? Or are you one of biggest firefox fans? Yes, as One of biggest browser with huge browser market share in around the world, firefox has been supported by many communites from various countries in worldwide. Beside it's open source-based, firefox is also customizable both its design and its plugin. So far, firefox has its own mobile operating system (os) although still be developing. The firefox os run under html5 and javascript so it's very easy to creating apps for them. Before chrome browser was dominating browser market share, firefox browser was earlier dominating against internet exporer especially in Indonesia. In Indonesia the user of firefox browser are majority from personal user. Until right now, firefox browser has been available both in PC and mobile especially for Android.


There are many firefox community in the big city of Indonesia especially from my hometown, Bekasi. I was attending the meetup of Bekasi firefox community at Grand Galaxy City Bekasi on Friday, December 31st, 2014. Actually , this is my second meetup with them. My first meetup was hold at Blitzmegaplex In Bekasi Cyber Park (BCP) Mall. The meetup in commemorating of the 10th forefox browser anniversary and celebrating with watching "Superman 2 return" movie together. From first meetup meeting, I knew Mr. Viking Karwur as leader of Bekasi Firefox Community and Dimas Andhana from Dinoiki Developer as the member.

Okay, in my second meetup, I met with again and met with many new people from various background, mainly dominated by collage student in Bekasi. In the meeting, i saw tablet that run on firefox OS and knowing any new features of firefox browser. Furthermore, I talked with other student. I was surprise when I met the students from President University which located in Jababeka, so far from Bekasi. They were so excited to be Firefox Student Ambassador (FSA) who represent Firefox in their campus. After question session was finished, I was trying firefox tablet and asking many questions about firefox, included the rumors about new firefox's browser engine, Servo. Fortunately, I won Firefox's batik shirt in quiz session that hold in end time. Finally, it was time to go home after getting some paper craft shaped Indonesian firefox icon, KUMI.

No comments:

Post a Comment