Sunday, January 4, 2015

Amazon Web Service (AWS) Cloud KATA event


Initially, I really don't know what is Amazon Web Service (AWS). I just know Amazon is just the biggest e-commerce website in the world from US. Actually, I had heard it when I was high school but still don't understand about their web service. Then, I've been understanding that Amazon also has its own web service after attending that event.


I knew the event accidentaly from Indonesia TechInAsia's Twitter account (@TechinAsia_ID) as the promotor of that event. The event entitled "Amazon Web Service Cloud KATA" was reffered for startup owner who was beginner of aws service user. The event was held in Thursday, December 11st, 2014 in UOB Plaza building, Jakarta. I went to there by Commuterline train. They offered free 1 year tier for startup owner only. From their presentation, I had just known that huge game developer like supercell (the creator of HayDay and Clash of Clans CoC), the outsanding Indonesia mass media Kompas Gramedia, the biggest Indonesia forum Kaskus, the new comer Indonesia humor website Malesbangetdotcom, etc are the loyal customer of AWS services. As the first web service provider, AWS has been trusted by big enterprises until now.

Not only website, the AWS also support microcontroller like Arduino. Still confuse? The AWS has its special API which supported Arduino pins control through website. So, if you want to remote your Arduino-based equipment, both sensor and actuator, you can easily create them by AWS API with Internet connection. You can access them by both PC and smartphone by online.

Fortunately, I got many benefits from attending that event. First, I met with my collage mate, Hamdani. Evidently, He is leader of AWSUGID (Amazon Web Service User Group Indonesia), the group user for consultation center. Second, I got free book about how to build startup from Singapore included the AWS mat sticker. And the third, I met with AWS expert, the CEO of kaskus, Andrew Darwis and the last the CEO Malesbangetdotcom, Donnie Prakoso. I got his contact to be invited in my further seminar as speaker (hoping it will be). And then met with Achmad Ghazali, the student from State Islamic University of Jakarta. I exchanged our opinion about cloud services while the event was ongoing. Accidentally, I met Emeline Antipuesto from The Executive Centre and Erwin Utama from Kaze Interactive. They were talking about their carriers to me and I get precious lessons from them. And finally, in end session, we get free pizza and getting many connection. So far, I still don't need the AWS offers, maybe later after I getting best Idea about my own startup.

No comments:

Post a Comment